Software and hardware names mentioned on this site are registered trademarks of their respective companies.Should any right be infringed, it is totally unintentional.I came across this error when I was trying to update data in a local Access table by using the matching data in a linked table in Oracle.If the two tables are both local Access tables, my update query is fine to run and can correctly update the data in the target table, but because one of the tables (the source table in my case) was a linked table, I kept getting this error.
Run SQL str SQL Cheers Ray quote: Originally posted by Ray Pinnegar If the PKeys are integers try: str SQL = "UPDATE tbl Catalog" & _ " SET tbl Catalog.
Building a temporary table in Access that contains the data obtained from the linked table, then do the update locally by using the temporary table as the source table because the temporary table contains the qualified data from the linked table.
We then update the matching data in the local target table by using a join with the temporary table. Copyright© Geeks No portion may be reproduced without my written permission.
All date are filled up here by lookup from different tables: Financial Year, Demand No, Major Head, Minor Head, Sub-Head I have a form with combo boxes to fetch records from the above 5 tables, a textbox-txt Rm and a comman button-cmd Update I select records in the above 5 combo boxes and enter in the textbox. I need to update records in the field Remarks(as per textbox txt Rm in the form) in the table: Allotment where records perfectly matched with entries in the 5 combo boxes in the form. If you want "and something like it" you write: Like [Forms]! Close Set rs = Nothing Set db = Nothing End Sub ...
I have made the vb code as follows: Private Sub cmd Update_Click() Dim db As DAO. [Name Of Your Form].[cmd FY] & "*" You do the same for all the other fields you have selected. You click Run on the ribbon to see if you get what you want. But I don't know what to code if records not found & error message for that. With best regards, I have also tried Anathil's post. I am really grateful to you for helping me not only solve the issue but also learn a new thing.Customer Sales_Retail is a local table (target table - contains the data I wanted to update). Sales Date Query 3: Here is another way of doing the same thing as Query 2, but here in the sub-query it uses IN rather than INNER JOIN. Sales Date To fix the problem, I had to split my original update query into two queries.